How to Boost Your Immune System | The Top 7 Vitamins for Immunity Boost
Your immune system is your first line of defense. It consists of a complex collection of cells, processes, and chemicals that regularly defend your body against invading pathogens, including viruses, toxins, and bacteria. Here are a few of our top recommended supplements and vitamins for immunity support and boosting potential.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is the most potent and natural antioxidant that helps the body fight off viruses and other pathogens.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D is known as the “sunshine” vitamin that is especially vital during the winter and early spring. During these seasons, our bodies are deficient of vitamin D. Vitamin D is essential for the vast majority of vital function; antiviral immunity being one of them.
- Zinc: Zinc is an immune system boosting mineral. A deficiency in Zinc can significantly affect your immune system’s ability to function correctly. Zinc supplements may protect against respiratory tract infections like the common cold.
- Selenium: Numerous studies have shown selenium supplements have antiviral effects and enhance antiviral defense against influenza strains. Selenium reduces inflammation and improves the immune response.
- B-Complex Vitamins: B vitamins, including B12 and B6, are essential for a healthy immune response & many adults are deficient in them. B-complex vitamins are also crucial for healthy adrenal functioning in stressful times.
- Curcumin: Curcumin is the main active compound in turmeric. It has powerful anti-inflammatory properties that improve immune function.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that helps the body fight off infection. Foods rich in vitamin E include nuts, seeds, and spinach, as well as available in supplement form.
Not all supplements are created equally; the source and quality of your vitamins & supplements are critical.
Accordingly, at Melamed Weight and Wellness, we choose only the highest quality products. Most of our supplements are available for order through https://www.metagenics.com/ with the code doctor4diet. Another way to ensure your body receives its vitamins for immunity aid is through IV and IM vitamins.